SHOULD I IRON ON OR SEW ON MY MERIT BADGE?
That depends on whether you want your patch to be permanent or removable. Ironing is pretty permanent. So, if you’re putting it on your great grandmother’s wedding dress, we suggest sewing, so you don’t piss off the relatives. On heavy or textured fabrics, we suggest either sewing or a combination of ironing and sewing. We’ve heard that Gorilla Glue also works well for attaching your merit badges to pleather or other non-ironable, non-sewable surfaces.
SEW?!? I CAN’T SEW!!
Oh, yes you can. Just get a needle and some thread that’s the same color as the border of your Merit Patch. Do an overhand stitch around the patch. Ideally, you would stitch sort of underneath the border, so the stitches aren’t visible.
HOW DO I IRON ON MY MERIT BADGE?
1) Find the item you want to put your patch on.
2) Set iron to cotton setting. Do not use steam.
3) Lay your garment out on a hard, heat tolerant surface. A padded ironing board is not hard enough. Try placing a cutting board above padding.
4) Place heatseal side of patch onto fabric in desired placement area. Iron design for approximately 30-60 seconds, applying pressure. Do not move iron side to side as this may cause design to shift. Heavier fabrics may require more time, and lighter fabrics may require less time.
5) Allow time to cool, then make sure entire surface area is applied to fabric. If all pieces did not adhere, reapply heat for an additional 20-30 seconds. Allow to cool.
6) Turn garment inside out and apply iron to back of design area for approximately 30 seconds.
Wait 48 hours before washing, and turn garment inside out when doing so.
So yeah. Pretty much just iron it on.
U.S. orders are shipped FREE every day.
-Orders to Canada ship for $5. Canadian orders are shipped First Class mail and may take 1-3 weeks to arrive at your door.
-For International orders (excluding Canada), email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your mailing address and we’ll give you the shipping charge.
WHAT'S THE RETURN POLICY?Returns will be considered on an individual basis. Like, if you want to return your merit badge because you haven’t been excellent enough to earn it, I’m afraid you’ll just have to keep trying. You can do it!! But if you want to return your merit badge because your mailman chewed open the package and got his lunch all over your patch, then drop us an email at email@example.com and we'll see what we can do to help.
If you would like to sell Disorderly Goods in your store, email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
We are not affiliated with the Girl Scouts of the USA, or the BS of America.