this should about cover it. if not, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
SHOULD I IRON ON OR SEW ON MY MERIT PATCH?
That depends on whether you want your patch to be permanent or removable. Ironing is pretty permanent. So, if you’re putting it on your great grandmother’s wedding dress, we suggest sewing, so you don’t piss off the relatives. On heavy or textured fabrics, we suggest either sewing or a combination of ironing and sewing. We’ve heard that Gorilla Glue also works well for attaching your Merit Patches to pleather or other non-ironable, non-sewable surfaces. Now go patch the heck outta something.
SEW?!? I CAN’T SEW!!
Oh, yes you can. Just get a needle and some thread that’s the same color as the border of your Merit Patch. Do an overhand stitch around the patch. Ideally, you would stitch sort of underneath the border, so the stitches aren’t visible.
I’M IRONING CHALLENGED. HELP!
1) Find the item you want to put your patch on.
2) Set iron to cotton setting. Do not use steam.
3) Lay your garment out on a hard, heat tolerant surface. A padded ironing board is not hard enough. Try placing a cutting board above padding.
4) Place heatseal side of patch onto fabric in desired placement area. Iron design for approximately 30-60 seconds, applying pressure. Do not move iron side to side as this may cause design to shift. Heavier fabrics may require more time, and lighter fabrics may require less time.
5) Allow time to cool, then make sure entire surface area is applied to fabric. If all pieces did not adhere, reapply heat for an additional 20-30 seconds. Allow to cool.
6) Turn garment inside out and apply iron to back of design area for approximately 30 seconds.
Wait 48 hours before washing, and turn garment inside out when doing so.
So yeah. Pretty much just iron it on.
HOW DO I FIGURE OUT MY RING SIZE?
There are two ways to solve that mystery. For instructions, print this ring sizer.
-U.S. orders are shipped FREE! All day, every day. You’re welcome.
-Orders to Canada ship for $5. Canadian orders are shipped First Class mail and may take 1-3 weeks to arrive at your door.
Priority shipping to Canada is $16.95, and should arrive in about a week or so.
-For International orders (excluding Canada), email us at email@example.com with your mailing address and we’ll give you the shipping charge.
WHAT’S THE RETURN POLICY?
Returns will be considered on an individual basis. Like, if you want to return your Merit Patch because you haven’t been excellent enough to earn it, I’m afraid you’ll just have to keep trying. You can do it!! But if you want to return your Merit Patch because your mailman chewed open the package and got his lunch all over your patches, then drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll see what we can do to help.
I PLACED AN ORDER BUT DIDN’T GET THE PAYPAL PAYMENT SCREEN!
Don’t panic. You may not have clicked “shipping address same as billing?” when entering your info. Or, if the shipping address is different than the billing address, the shipping address must be entered. Also, if you are ordering from your workplace, some employers block PayPal. If none of those things resolve the payment issue, please send an email to email@example.com for assistance.
DO YOU HAVE ANY DISCLAIMERS?
Indeed we do.
We are not affiliated with the the Girl Scouts of the USA, or the BS of America.
MERIT PATCHES: WHO’S GOT ‘EM?
370 East Main St., Suite 130
Carrboro, NC 27510
Cog & Pearl
190 Fifth Ave.
Brooklyn NY 11217
Fab.com & eu.Fab.com
On an internet near you!
Kansas City, MO 64111
Tierra Verde Gifts
1120 Pinellas Bayway S. #111
Tierra Verde, FL 33715